We’re so diverse, has anyone considered just how many people come here for reasons “Not the Beach”?
7 quick reasons to live or visit Amelia Island….
- The environmental areas are amazing with trees sometimes well over 100 years in age.
- Fishing excursions and boating make this a great place to live. Ramps very near ocean access mean a lot.
- Bikes enjoy runs to the historic district, including the oldest watering hole in the state.
- The farmer’s market is fun on the weekend. Live music and lots of local food.
- Exceptional architecture and renovations of historic buildings mean something new, even if you come here every year or live in the area.
- Jobs bring people. The diverse economy is as important as tourism.
- Don’t forget the Cuban coffee! I like coffee, but Hola on North 2nd is my favorite stop.
…but then, we do have really great beaches.